Saturday, December 1, 2012

Orange muffins

Assalmo alaikum,

Looking through this book "1500 Best Bars,Cookies,Muffins,Cakes& More" which I borrowed from our locals library I saw this recipe of Orange muffin,I decided to use sweet and juicy naval orange I bought the other day.

When I was baking muffins,it filled my home with beautiful citrusy smell and it also tasted really good too.Im not bragging I'm sure when any of you will make this recipe outcome will be same inshallah (if Allah wills)

I will be trying some more recipes from this book and posting them here on my blog inshallah!!

Ingredients:

2 oranges peeled and cut into 8 pieces each

1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice

1/2 cup dates or raisins ( I used 1/4 cup of chopped dates as I was scared that my kids might not eat )

1 egg (I used medium size)

1/2 margarine

1/4 wheat germ or natural bran ( I used oatmeal due to unavailability)

1 1/2 cup flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

3/4 cup granulated sugar

Salt 1 pinch



Directions:

Preheat oven 400 F ,grease or line muffin tin( I used my cupcake tin)

In blender or food processor, combine oranges, orange juice , dates , eggs and margarine ,process until well blended.Scrape down edges of blender.Add oatmeal , process again.



In a bowl , sift together flour,baking powder, baking soda , sugar and salt.

Add orange mixture to flour mixture and mix well

Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.sprinkle some oatmeal on top of batter.Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes

Serve warm and enjoy