Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CHICKEN STEW (PAKISTANI STYLE)

Assalamo alaikum,
I'm back !!!after 8 long months but now I'm here to stay yeah inshAllah!!! (if Allah wills) I will continue to write good recipes on my blog .hope my visitors will enjoy it!!
So here we go ,today I'm going to share a recipe in which we traditionally use veal,beef or mutton but today I'm using chicken but I'm sure when made in your home its going to be a hit inshAllah!!!
Ingredients:
Whole Chicken cut in small pieces 2-3 pd
Onion sliced 3
Oil 2 tbsp
Yogurt 2tbsp
Garlic cloves 10 sliced thinly
Ginger 1 inch piece shredded

Red chili pd 1/2 tsp
Turmeric pd. 1/8 tsp
Salt to taste
Whole black cardamon 2
Bay leaves 2
Cinnamon stick 2 1/2 inch pieces
Cloves 10
Whole black pepper 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Whole dried red chillies 3-4

Procedure:
Heat oil,and then fry sliced onion until golden brown
Now add sliced all of the whole spices and fry for few minutes
Then add sliced garlic fry until fragrant
Add chicken pieces cook until lightly cooked
Now add shredded ginger and fry again for few minutes
Add red chili powder,turmeric and salt fry for 4 mins
And also add yogurt
Keep frying the meat until all the spices and yogurt are mixed thoroughly
Now add 1 cup water cook on high heat until stew is bubbly
After 2 mins lower down the heat cook covered on low flame until chicken is tender
Now cook it uncovered on high heat until gravy is little thick
Now simmer on low flames so the oil separates from gravy
Enjoy your stew chicken with roti or rice!!!