Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sweet pepper chicken karahi (Pakistani style stir fry)

Assalamo alaikum,

When I went to my local farmers market the other day I could not resist the beautiful and bright colors of sweet peppers not thinking what I'm going to cook with them i bought good amount .i really enjoyed them in my Salad ,very nice sweet peppery taste won't put your tongue on fire.im not a big of those very hot pepper I use them in my cooking as my dear hubby loves spicy food but me it's big no no.

Today when I took out chicken for cooking dinner I decided to use sweet peppers in my chicken karahi,usually chicken karahi is all about tomatoes ,this karahi (stir fry) is going to be about colorful ,bright and sweet smelling peppers also.

Please do try this recipe when you can cause I'm sure you will love it too as i did inshAllah !!!

Ingredients:

Chicken 3pd cut into small pieces

Onion 2 medium chopped

Mixed sweet pepper cut length wise

Tomatoes 4 medium chopped

Garlic cloves 6-8 finally chopped

Salt to taste

Red chilli pd 1 tsp

Turmeric 1/2 tsp

1/8 tsp ground black pepper

Oil 2 tbsp

Procedure:

Heat oil in a wok add chicken pieces fry until light brown

Now add chopped onion fry until onions are moisten and mushed

Add to this mixture garlic,fry until fragrant

After garlic add the spices and salt and fry for 2-3 mins

Now it's time to add our beautiful peppers which are thickly sliced

Fry,fry again at last you succeed I mean fry some more for 2-3 mins and add black pepper powder

When you see oil starting to Seperate from the gravy and onion are almost completely dissolved ,time to add our tomatoes cook uncovered for five minutes then cover it

Now simmer it on low heat until chicken is tender and gravy is thickened .

I was really tempted to sprinkle it with chopped corriander as usually done in a karahi (Pakistani style stir fry)
But It seemed to have good enough colors and beautiful aroma so I didn't.

Hope you will enjoy this recipe

You can have this karahi with Naan or plain rice .