Sunday, October 27, 2013

French bean and potato sabzi

Assalamo alaikum,

After Eid ul Adha it was constant marathon on meat, meat this meat that .At every Eid parties main dishes would be made of mostly meat it's not that I don't like meat but our stomachs need some break .So I decided to cook French beans,French beans are very famous in my house hold anyway I cook them it will be loved,specially my kids who are little picky about veggies.

Today I'm sharing a recipe with you guys usually "sem "or "papdi" is used in my household ,but I had French beans on hand so I decided to use them ,this recipe is easy and comes out delicious .i hope all my friends will enjoy this !!!

Ingredients:

French beans 1 pd frozen or fresh

Potatoes Peeled and cut in cubes 3

Onion sliced one medium

Tomatoes chopped 4 medium

Salt to taste

Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp

Red chili powder 1 tsp or to taste

Fenugreek seeds 1/4 tsp

Garlic paste 1 tsp

Oil 2 tbsp

Coriander 1/2 bunch chopped

 

Direction

Heat oil in pot and add fenugreek seeds(methi Dana)

When fenugreek seeds starts to turn brown add green beans and sliced onion fry until onion turn pink

 

 

 

Now add garlic paste fry a little bit more

It's time for spices now add turmeric powder,chili powder,and salt

 

Cook until spices and garlic is fragrant

Now add cubed potatoes and tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are softened

Now add enough water to cover your beans and potatoes ,put flame on high until water start bubbles

Then cook it covered on low flame until potatoes are done

Cook on until the gravy achieves desired thickness

Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve hot

This sabzi goes equally well with chapatis and white rice

I hope you all enjoyed this recipe .

Positive or negative ,feedbacks are highly appreciated !!