Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Chocolate chip granola bars

Assalamo alaikum,
I have mashAllah four kids,whom I love dearly so on and off I try to make snack for them at home with so many preservative in store bought snacks I try that whenever possible make something for them at home.
Granola bars are favourite snack for my kids they love it (me too lol!!),so It was on my baking list for so long I always thought lots of effort needed to make some of those but when I started looking up on the internet they seem very easy ,then I decided to give it a try .i thought first time I should go for something simple then later I can experiment with other ingredients in sha Allah !!! It's a super easy recipe I made it 6:00 am in the morning before my kids go to school and I was able to send those for snack that day!! So make sure you give it a try simple ingredient and very easy recipe.
Recipe Source: onceuponachef.com
Chocolate chip granola bars
Ingredients:
Quick oat 3 cups

1/4 cup brown sugar
6 tbsp butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips

Directions:
Grease a rectangular pan I used a cookie sheets covered aluminum foil and brush with butter
In a big bowl take out your oats
Now in a medium sauce pan melt together butter,honey and brown sugar ,
Simmer to mix together and bubbly on side

Add the liquid mixture to the oats and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon

It's time to add chocolate chips some might melt ,
Now press the mixture in the cookie sheet with help of a parchment paper to make a rectangular shape
Make sure you press it down firmly cause if it's loose your bar will come out loose and crumble
Bake in a 350F oven for about 20 mins until edges are brown and top is light brown
Take it out let it cool completely and put it in the fridge for 10-15 mins also for better results
Take it out off the cookie sheet and cut into bars or squares ,send them for snacks!!!
Your kids will enjoy them and you will too in sha Allah!!!