Monday, March 24, 2014

Fried fish fritters

Assalamo alaikum,

As I have told you guys in my earlier blog posts ,my family is a big fan of seafood and whenever I make some of those I never have trouble with my kids eating it masAllah.so I love to incorporate seafood in my weekly menu as much as possible and it's healthy too.i won't say the dish I'm sharing with you in this post is super healthy but with some benefits it's super delicious I'm using swai fish but tilapia or flounder would work fine too insh Allah ,I usually serve it with daal (lentil soup),plain rice and fried or baked potatoes .i hope you enjoy trying this recipe out and please let me know how it came out.

 

 

Recipe

Ingredients:

Swai fish fillets 3lb bag thawed in cold water and drain completely

Besan or gram flour 1 cup

Cornstarch 1/2 cup

Garlic crushed 1 tsp

Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp

Zeera or cumin seeds crushed 1 tsp

Red chilli flakes 1/2 tsp or to taste

Salt to taste

Cilantro or coriander 1/2 bunch roughly chopped

Oil for deep frying

 

Directions:

Cut drained fish into 1 to 2 inch pieces ,this is optional you can keep the size of fish as it's pleases you I only did smaller pieces kids can handle it easily and less gets waisted

Now apply garlic , turmeric ,salt and chilli flakes to fish

 

Then add gram flour and cornstarch adding little by little ,mix well

Now add chopped cilantro

 

Let it rest for little while so it can absorb the marinate

Deep fry on medium high heat until golden brown and flesh is no more pink.

Serve with plain rice and daal ,or with spicy cilantro chutney and enjoy !!!