Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pan Grilled Fish

Assalamo Alaikum,

Today I was just thinking how close Ramadan is now, first thing in my mind came was food what to prepare before head so it's easier but then I scolded myself as Ramadan is not about food it's about the feeling the pain of hungry and deprived people around us and praying to Allah (swt) so we could earn as many blessing as we could because sawab or blessing are much more even for a small deed may be before I use to put more emphasis on food but now I'm planning to make some goals for myself and kids in sha Allah so we are much better Muslims and keep our creator happy in sha Allah!!

As The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whoever draws near to Allah during it (Ramadan) with a single characteristic from the characteristics of (voluntary) goodness, he is like whoever performs an obligatory act in other times. And whoever performs an obligatory act during it, he is like whoever performed seventy obligatory acts in other times.” (Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah, no. 1887)

These are also very nice and motivating articles about Ramadan :

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?73922-10-Ways-to-Prepare-for-Ramadan

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/worship/fasting-ramadan/achieving-blessings-in-ramadan-an-8-step-guide/

http://www.missionislam.com/ramadan/books/ramadanoutstanding.pdf

Please share any thing regarding preparing for Ramadan and observing during Ramadan would be really valuable in sha Allah!!

Now I should get back to my recipe post which is not related to Ramadan but may be can be used on one of light Iftari days that is "Pan Grilled Swai fish ",I buy this in the frozen section of my grocery store already cut into fillets ,I used to be a big fan of Tilapia but when I tried this fish I liked it as comes out great fried,in a curry or even pan grilled it has milder taste and creamy texture.This recipe is simple and will work great for a light dinners in sha Allah !!! I hope you all will give it a try and enjoy it!!

 

Recipe:

Swai fish fillets 5-6

Garlic paste 2 tsp

Soya sauce 3-4tbsp

Cilantro chopped 1/4 bunch

Crushed red chilli flakes 1/2 tsp or to taste

Black pepper ground

Oil for brushing the grill pan

 

Directions:

Marinate defrosted and drained fish in garlic paste,soya sauce ,chilli flakes and chopped cilantro( save some chilli flakes and cilantro while grilling) for atleast 30 mins

Heat a grill pan on high and brush it with some oil to coat the pan

Now carefully place marinated fish in the pan leaving some space in between each fillet sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper ,chilli flakes and cilantro on it

Grill on medium high until both side ,6-8 minutes on each side so that this fish is opaque in the middle

Take it out in a big serving dish and serve hot !!

I served it with a side of green beans ,mash potatoes and coleslaw

Enjoy!!