Friday, June 27, 2014

Mango lime rolls with white chocolate glaze(the daring bakers challenge June 2014)

Assalmo alaikum,
Today I have a confession to make regarding cinnamon rolls , that is I used to not like them you guys must be thinking what kind of a person I'm but the look of cinnamon rolls make me feel how messy that stuff is and another confession I didn't like cinnamon either yeah right but when one of my friend pushed me so much and she was like you are missing on something big ,so when I tried it I liked it and after several attempts now I'm a fan!!!
This month the Daring Bakers kept our creativity rolling with cinnamon bun inspired treats. Shelley from
C Mom Cook dared us to create our own dough and fill it with any filling we wanted to craft tasty rolled treats, cinnamon not required! So I was really excited about but as mentioned we are asked to get creative I was thinking and then I saw big large mango sitting on my counter I was like wallah I'm going to use king of fruit as my filling , I use Paula deens cinnamon rolls dough recipe thats right here.And filling and topping is my own creation I hope you guys will try it and enjoy it!!
Recipe:

Dough:
1/4 -ounce package yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup scalded milk
1/4 cup sugar + for sprinkling the pan
1/3 cup butter or shortening + 1 tbsp for pan
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
Filling:
Chopped mango 1cups
Sugar 1/2 cup or to taste if your mango are already sweet
Lime juice 2 tsp
Ginger grated 1/4 tsp
Topping:
Baking white chocolate 6 oz
Butter 1/4 cup
Milk 1/4 cup
Directions:
Dough:
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg.
Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture.
Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle.
Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes.
Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Heat oven for 375 F

Filling:
Blend together chopped mangoes ,ginger and lime juice in blender to make a thick paste
Now cook Mango purée and sugar medium high until sugar is melted and mixture is thicken
Keep stirring so it won't stick to bottom of your pan
Let it cool completely

Prepare a pan by spreading 1 tbsp butter and sprinkling sugar over it evenly

Now roll out dough into a rectangle ,spread cooled mango mixture on it and roll it (it will be messy)
Cut into 1/4 inch thick rolls with a sharp knife
Place them on prepared pan
Make sure they are not touching each other they will rise so we need that space
Let it rise covered for 1 hr
Now bake them uncovered for 20 min or nicely brown on top
Let it cool a bit if you can resist lol:),
Glaze:
Melt white chocolate in microwave
Then mix in butter and milk

Spread with white chocolate glaze , serve warm and enjoy!!!