Friday, November 14, 2014

White Chocolate Lime Cupcake or Cake Recipe

Assalamo-alaikum,
I'm back with my weekly post this time I'm trying to be punctual .I'm hoping my readers are enjoying and trying out my recipes I don't claim I'm best just trying to share my cooking adventures with you guys feedback would be really appreciated.
It's been long time I posted some baking recipe so today I'm sharing a recipe the will surely please your tastes buds and also your nose as the smell of lime fills your kitchen.Today I'm making cupcakes as I will be giving these to my kids for their school lunch ,but I have also made it in loaf pan it came out really good as well but you have to bake it more around like 35-40 mins ,make sure you line your pan with wax paper so taking out would be easy.
These cupcake are crunchy on top and moist inside and taste so very good , I specially like that they are not very sweet so go ahead and make some !!

ingredients:


Cupcakes/Cake:
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoons grated lime zest
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
3/4 cup buttermilk
1oz white baking chocolate shredded -extra for topping the cupcake with

P.S: this recipe ask for buttermilk but you can always substitute it with the same amount of milk only one tbsp less and add tbsp vinegar to the milk let it stand for 5 mins and you will have buttermilk!!
Directions:
Heat oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).line your cupcake tin with liners
Mix flour,salt and baking powder
Cream butter and sugar with electric beater

Add eggs ,lime zest and lime juice and mix well

Now alternatively add 1/3 flour and little buttermilk at a time until all the flour and buttermilk completely combined with butter and sugar mixture


Fold in grated baking white chocolate ( I grated it with my grater at the same time)


Now with the scoop fill 2/3 of the cupcake liners and bake for 18 - 20 mins or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean .

Sprinkle shredded white chocolate on top of the hot cupcakes and enjoy !!!